The following is an excerpt from Ben Schramm’s profile page on the US Air Force’s website. Published in March 2020, the profile explores a few key facts pertaining to Schramm’s current professional responsibilities and past military experience. To read the full profile, click here.
“Ben Schramm, a member of the Senior Executive Service, serves as the Senior Advisor and Chief of Staff to the 25th Secretary of the Air Force Barbara M. Barrett. In this position, Schramm advises the Secretary on communications, legislative, managerial, strategy, and policy matters. He is responsible for overseeing, developing, and executing the Secretary’s goals and objectives throughout the Department of the Air Force, which includes managing a $205 billion budget and 685,000 Total Force Airmen and civilians.
Prior to this position, Schramm was the White House Liaison and Special Assistant to Secretary of Defense Mark Esper. His defense experience also includes service as the Deputy Chief of Staff and Director of Strategic Engagement for the 24th Secretary of the Air Force and Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs.”
A quick overview of Ben Schramm’s career chronology (also excerpted from the above article link):
1. 2010–2011, Platoon Commander, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
2. 2011–2011, Convoy Commander, Camp Leatherneck, Helmand Province, Afghanistan
3. 2011–2012, Company Commander, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
4. 2012–2013, Aide-de-Camp to the Deputy Commanding General, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
5. 2013–2016, Assistant Logistics Officer, Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C.
6. 2016–2016, Executive Officer, Headquarters and Support Company, Marine Barracks, Washington, D.C.
7. 2013–2016, Military Social Aide to the President of the United States, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. 2014–2016, Program Manager, Marine Corps White House Social Aide Program, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. 2017–2018, Special Assistant, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. 2018–2019, Director of Strategic Engagement, Office of the 24th Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. 2019–2019, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the 24th Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. 2019–2019, White House Liaison, Office of the 27th Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. 2019 – present, Senior Advisor and Chief of Staff to the 25th Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.”